Saturday, August 2, 2008

Faith


its 11:20pm 8-2-08 Saturday. About one hour ago I was praying and asking God for a word of encouragement for a little situation I am dealing with some of you know it. I asked God to give me the word he wanted me to have. So after I was done praying I grabbed my bible and blindly opened it up to 2Chronicles 32:7-8 7 “Be strong and courageous! Don’t be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria or his mighty army, for there is a power far greater on our side! 8 He may have a great army, but they are merely men. We have the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles for us!” Hezekiah’s words greatly encouraged the people.

then shortly after i signed on to my myspace account and someone because of an old word of the day i had done a day or two ago messaged me saying the following

"WHEN we speak of faith we think of one’s belief in God. The apostle Paul, in describing faith to Hebrew Christians, said: “Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.” (Heb. 11:1) An assured expectation has something backing it up. It conveys the idea that this expectation is guaranteed, that there will be a future possession. Some suggest that faith is like a title deed of things hoped for. Faith can also involve fidelity to one’s promises or allegiance to duty. One who has faith in Almighty God and in his Son, Christ Jesus, would want to show loyalty, acting in full harmony with God's ways and advocating them to others. Ps. 145:10, 11.
ENjoy"

My God is an awesome God huh guys??

My response to Him is ok Lord I will sit silently and still until your promise is given to me and only take the steps you tell me to take...

Thank you Lord

No comments: