Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Taking Pictures


7We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7


I always take a camera with me on fishing trips. When I get home and wash my boat and clean my fish only those who were in my house saw the fish. That is if I did not clean the fish at the dock in which case no one but those who were on the boat or at the dock saw the fish. So I have to take pictures in order to prove the fish we caught to my family and friends since fishermen have such a bad reputation regarding the truth of their catch. Everyone wants to see to believe. But God asks us to believe by faith, can you imagine if God were to appear before you right now? You would probably think you’re crazy because we could not handle such a thing, so he rather us just have faith. Faith is something so powerful, it’s the only thing that can lead us to salvation. After we accept Jesus as our savior and ask for forgiveness of our sins, it’s the faith in Jesus that guarantees us eternity. So the next time someone asks you why you believe in God if you have never seen him. Just take a picture of your life and show it to them because the change in your life is proof enough. I will continue to take pictures of my fish for my album if you want to see them. Oh and by the way, it is true the “big” one always gets away.

God bless,
Jesse

5 comments:

Kim said...

So true! But is it by Faith that you had the courage to stick your hands in the fish like that, EEEWWW!!!
Kim

Jesse Acosta said...

lol good one kim... but that sucker tasted great in the oven. I stuffed him with shrimp chunks and crab meat and baked him up.. yummm

Anonymous said...

Yummm That sounds really delicious! lol lol :)

Priscilla ( Jons sis)

Anonymous said...

What fish? All I see is a big HAM! hahahahaha

Jesse Acosta said...

lol good one scott ;)