Friday, June 27, 2008

Camp Life



For the last week I have been at camp with FRC students and other leaders as well as 100s of other Students from all over the US. It was an amazing experience to see so many teen age students worshiping our living Lord. I pray that what they felt at camp they take with them for life and not leave it at the dorms. So many were touched by our Lord and you can see it in their eyes as they paid attention to what God had to say through the speaker they had every day.



Sawgrass representing at REC time, i was happy to be able to spend extra time with some of our sawgrass students like, Katie, Cecilia and Simone as well as Craig one of sawgrass student leaders. Katie, Simone, and Cecilia were in my family group and it was awesome to be able to have bible study with them during the week as well as having them pray out loud during our prayer time each evening. I was very impressed with their participation during bible study and rec time.




Future Sawgrass leader the young man in the black shirt and sunglasses is Justin he was in our family group and by the end of our time together he cam up and asked me if he could volunteer at sawgrass. This young man has a heart for God and knows how big and power ful Jesus is. Justin I cant wait to have you on board!!!

Am I tired? Yes. Did I lose my voice from screaming? Yes. But This was truly a great experience for all the students and leaders alike. After all the smiles, cries, laughter, hugs, cheers and lack of rest I can truly say I would do all this again in a heartbeat. God bless each and every single student who was at this camp and may he help them on his narrow path. In Jesus Name Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin is going to be a leader at sawgrass? That's awesome!
God has done so many great things for so many people this week including myself and I am so happy that I was able to be a part of it. Camp was an unforgettable experience and I pray that we all just continue to grow in God and be strong in putting Him first in everything that we do. I pray that we not only acknowlege Him with our lips but as well as in our lifestyles. Thank you Father for letting me do life with these AMAZING people.

In Jesus' name
Amen

`Simone

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a great time. I missed not being able to be there with you all but I am glad that you were able to hang with those kids for a week while at camp. Camp is just such an awesome place for relationship building and spiritual growth as well as straight up fun. In fact every time I come back from camp I often find myself wishing 1-that more students would go so they can experience it & 2-that we could have that kind of time throughout the year where students are so focused on what God is trying teach them as well as the time to hang with them at such a deep spiritual level.

Well, I'm glad you guys had fun and were able to go. And welcome back.

Kim said...

It sounds like it was amazing. Kudos to our Sawgrass kids that went and shared their faith!!!