Sunday, September 14, 2008

How Still Should One Be???




I know I have not blogged in a long time, I am sorry. So figured I would throw something new and see what YOU have to say.

I have had something important in prayer for about 9-10months now. I get a yes answer from God. But when I ask when, he just says be patient, still, relax. Don’t worry about what it is that is in prayer some of you know what it is, what matters is how still should one be? I mean God does require that we do certain things for example if you pray for patience you get the opportunity to have patience. So when God says to you be still and know that I am God, when he says did I not tell you if you believe you will see my glory, when he says why do you worry, did I not say have faith. These are obviously not direct quotes but are the scriptures God has thrown in my face time and time again over the last few months regarding my prayer. But my question still remains how still does one have to be? I know for a fact that I am not still enough as a close friend proved to me last week. As every time I am not still enough I seem to mess things up a bit. So you tell me how still should one be when God says BE STILL.


God bless you guys always,
Jesse

4 comments:

bill480 said...

Hi Jesse:
Like you said Jesse went we try to help GOD (no some times but ALWAYS) we mess things up .I think you need to remain still until HIS times come ,I don'T know for what you are in that prayer or how much important is for you , if that is the case you need to be STILL an wait for GOD answer, be patience and HI will do what HI think is the right for you . In the other hand we are humans and some times we get tired of waiting. So what ever it is I hope for you the best.

God bless you

LissetteCastillo said...

That’s a difficult one. Personally, I can relate to this. I have also had something in prayer for a very long time. Sometimes we have faith and that makes us stronger. However, there are times that we despair waiting for our prayers to be answered. How still do we need to be? Well, it’s a very difficult task, but I guess we need to simply be still enough where our anxiety doesn’t take the best of us. We need to wait as patiently as possible until God decides its time. Sometimes I ask myself what’s taking so long. But then I remember that He has such a perfect plan for us that it is well worth the entire wait. God is rearranging everything so that our prayer is answered at the perfect time and place. So how still do we need to be? Still enough so that when our faith is being tested patience is produced and sooner than we think our prayers will come true.

Craig Stephens said...

hey bro,

i've read up about it and what i've experienced from it is that we live in a society where waiting around is bad. and we should be doing something, but a lot of times when we move ahead, we move in the wrong direction away from God. waiting patiently for Him is doing something, in fact i'd say that's the essence of faith, believing He will act and waiting for it.

-craiger

Unknown said...

Jesse I have an Awesome drama CD for you to listen to. It has to do with Exodus 14:13 t was put together by worshipers of God.. They are friends and I can make a copy for you r send original I just need your address. After Listening to it perhaps we can talk. joysy1015 at gmail . com
Joyce